Federal Public Policy
Federal Public Policy (FPP) Committee
Board Direction Statement
Position ATRA to influence federal legislation and regulation to positively impact consumers and the practice of RT.
FPP Committee Chairs:
Dawn De Vries
NEW!! HR 620
HR 620 Action Alert
HR 626 Press Release
Take Action Now!
Join ATRA on Capitol Hill on June 27th! Help strengthen the voice of recreational therapists!
Details on advocacy information for HR626 coming soon!
Track HR 626
2017 Public Policy Priorities
- Monitor legislative action on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Monitor potential action on the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Reintroduce the Inpatient Rehabilitation Act directing CMS to acknowledge recreational therapy within inpatient rehabilitation settings
- Develop and implement a Legislative Summit in Washington DC for ATRA members
- Expand partnerships and collaborative relationships with national organizations
- Monitor federal legislation in skilled nursing, behavioral health, community, inpatient rehabilitation, veteran services, and schools
How to Contact Your Legislator regarding HR 626
How to Find Your Legislator
How to Contact Your Legislator
How to Set Up a Visit
Inviting a Legislator to Your Facility
Email to Your Congressperson
Do's and Don'ts
Preparing a Packet for Your Visit
Identifying and Selecting Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) A Guide for Advocates