Become a Member
New members can join ATRA online.
Membership in the American Therapeutic Recreation Association offers a variety of benefits:
- Low-cost membership fees! Our membership dues are one-half to one-third of other similar professional organizations.
- Significant membership discounts on conference registrations, publications, and webinars replays.
- Access to and participation in our online blog.
- Free downloadable .pdf versions of all past Annuals in Therapeutic Recreation research journal.
- Free downloadable .pdf versions of the quarterly ATRA Newsletters.
- Frequent News Bites (our short e-newsletters) with current association and professional announcements and updates designed for your specific area of interest.
- Free ATRA update webinars six times per year that are available for CEUs.
- Educational opportunities per year such as the Annual Conference, and the ATRA Academy.
- Multiple CEU opportunities annually through webinars, ATRA Annual in TR and Newsletters.
- Legislative and regulatory advocacy at the national and state levels, such as for state licensure.
- Significantly reduced rates on individual professional liability insurance.
- Standards and regulatory advocacy to the Joint Committee, CARF, Health Care Financing Administration, and other healthcare related consortiums and groups.
- Publications specifically related to professionals’ needs, such as Standards of Practice, coverage, and internships.
- Sections as a way to professionally network with CTRSs working in similar facilities throughout the country.
- Marketing and educational efforts directed to case managers and other allied health professionals as well as high school guidance counselors across the country.
- Scholarship opportunities for students to attend national conferences with provisions for housing and tuition assistance.
- Recognition in the form of annual awards for professional and scholarly achievement.
- Chapter Affiliate Council (CAC) as a mechanism for chapters to stay current on national issues and trends.
We hope you will join thousands of therapeutic recreation specialists and supporters across the country by becoming a member!