The President-Elect of the Association assists the President and acts as President in his/her absence.
Length of Term:
One year served as President-Elect, followed by one year as President, and one year as Past President. The initial term begins at the installation of officers meeting that follows his/her election and rolls over into the next position at the close of the installation of officers in the year the term ends.
- Duty of care: Supervise and direct the affairs of the Association with the entire ATRA Board in good faith, using pertinent information to act in the best interest of ATRA.
- Duty of obedience: Ensure and participate in decisions, determining policies or changes therein consistent with the mission and within the limits of the bylaws.
- Duty of loyalty: Act in the best interests of ATRA and the profession, including avoidance of conflict or declaration of conflict of interest where one exists.
- Attend, prepare for and actively participate in all board meetings and monthly board conference calls.
- Maintain confidentiality of Board’s closed sessions.
- Serve on Board standing committees including Executive, Personnel and Finance committees.
- Chair meetings in the absence of the President.
- Fulfill the role of the parliamentarian at all meetings, following Robert’s Rules of Order.
- Serve as an advocate for ATRA and recreational therapy.
- Assist the Board with special projects as need arises.
- Present information regarding ATRA at workshops and conferences.
- Professional member in good standing
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
- Demonstrated leadership in recreational therapy at the local, state and/or national levels
- Demonstrated leadership within ATRA
- Prior ATRA Board experience preferred
- Compliance with the ATRA Code of Ethics
- Member in good standing in the state/regional ATRA chapter if one exists