Perform all duties as cited in the Charter and Bylaws and other usual duties as cited in Roberts Rules of Order, Revised.
Length of Term:
Three year term, beginning at the installation of officers meeting that follows his/her election and ending at the close of the installation of officers in the year the term ends. Treasurer may be elected to one additional term as Treasurer.
- Duty of care: Supervise and direct the affairs of the Association with the entire ATRA Board in good faith, using pertinent information to act in the best interest of ATRA.
- Duty of obedience: Ensure and participate in decisions, determining policies or changes therein consistent with the mission and within the limits of the bylaws.
- Duty of loyalty: Act in the best interests of ATRA and the profession, including avoidance of conflict or declaration of conflict of interest where one exists.
- Attend, prepare for and actively participate in all board meetings and monthly board conference calls.
- Maintain confidentiality of Board’s closed sessions.
- Chair the Finance Committee, which is responsible for:
- Preparing the annual budget;
- Monitoring and reporting to the Board on the financial status of ATRA; and
- Developing long range financial plans for ATRA.
- Provide oversight to the ATRA National Office related to financial records, maintaining official records of ATRA such as fund balance, investments, and monthly banking statements.
- Provide oversight to any financial audit in cooperation with the ATRA National Office.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures related to financial management and practices.
- Serve on ATRA board committees as appointed by the President.
- Serve as an advocate for ATRA and recreational therapy.
- Assist the Board with special projects.
- Present information regarding ATRA at workshops and conferences.
- Submit periodic articles to the Newsletter and Annual Report.
- Professional member in good standing
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
- Demonstrated leadership in recreational therapy at the local, state and/or national levels
- Demonstrated leadership within ATRA
- Prior ATRA Board experience preferred
- Compliance with the ATRA Code of Ethics
- Experience with high level administrative budgeting and financial management
- Member in good standing of chapter affiliate in state/region if one exists